About APE The Association of Planning Engineers is a non-profit organisation which specialises in the development and industry growth of the planning engineer sector. We operate a membership ranking scheme
The Association of Planning Engineers is a non-profit organisation which specialises in the development and industry growth of the planning engineer sector. We operate a membership ranking scheme in which individuals can apply for Associate, Professional or Fellow membership, depending on their experience within the industry. Our aim is to support planning engineers, project control engineers or project managers along their career journey with free CPD lessons, professional career advice and interactive networking opportunities. We are offering free membership surgery sessions in order to answer any queries you may have. This will be held in a live online meeting set-up during which you can ask questions and discuss any issues you may have regarding membership, CPD or the Professional Review assessment.
In order to become a member of the Association of Planning Engineers, you will first need to complete an application which depicts your personal details, CV and information of your past qualifications and experience within the industry which may help your application. You’ll also need to have evidence to prove your competence within your career role. Members wishing to become a Professional (full) member, will need to apply as a Professional Review Candidate (PRC); this is a process which will require you to complete a written Assessment of Competencies (AOC) and attend an online interview to confirm your identity and past expertise.
These memberships are greatly valuable within the industry. The Association of Planning Engineers is the first institution designed specifically with planning engineers in mind. Our collaborate expertise will help you to develop your career; you’ll also have access to all the valuable member benefits we offer for each ranking of membership, such as letters to add to your name, which will immediately demonstrate your competencies within the industry.
By the end of this membership surgery, we aim to provide you with all the information you need to continue your membership endeavour.
This free session is for anybody; not just current members of APE. You will need to sign up before the start time to become involved so you can join the session at the appropriate time.
Should you have any questions regarding the following topics, the membership surgery will be a live interactive session during which you can discuss any of the following topics:
- Membership rankings and which membership your experience makes you eligible for.
- Information regarding the Professional Review process, such as what to include, how to format the review, how to prepare for the interview, etc.
- Membership benefits, which benefits are applicable to which memberships and how to redeem and get the most of out these rewards.
- Help with the application process if you are unsure of eligibility due to lack of qualifications or experience or if you have any other doubts.
- Questions about company membership and how to apply.
- Information regarding CPD hours and recommendations of relevant CPD courses or activities based on your sector pathway and current role.
- Any questions regarding your individual situation and how it may affect your ability to apply for membership.
- Which qualifications make you eligible for a membership application.
- If you are already a member and are unsure how to upgrade your membership to Professional member or Fellow member.
Our experts will be on hand to answer any questions, no matter how big or small. This is also a great opportunity to get some professional advice on your membership, any qualifications you may have or ways to maximise your chances of success with APE.
(Friday) 6:00 pm